5 Churchill Street
Belfast, BT15 2BP
N: Rosey McCrory
T: 02890 742255
W: www. womenstraining.org
Womens Community Training Programme About us The Women's Training Project offers training and support to long-term unemployed women, women in low-paid work and women hoping to return to employment. The project is funded to work with women living in North Belfast and particularly focuses on female lone parents and those with little or no qualifications.
The project provides a menu of accredited and non-accredited courses delivered from the Ashton Centre in New Lodge as well as from a number of community locations across North Belfast.
Support is also offered to assist women to progress to employment, offering help with completing application forms and interview techniques etc.
- To employ a full-time women's employment development worker and part time administrator.
- To provide employability training for 180 participants over 2 years.
- To progress a minimum of 60 participants to acquire ECDL.
- To enable 40% of participants to progress to Further Education/Employment.
- To ensure retention figures of 70% of all training courses.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- AROMATHERAPY AND REFLEXOLOGY
- EMERGENCY FIRST AID TRAINING
- BASIC COMPUTER SKILLS - INTRODUCTION TO INTERNET & E-MAIL
- CLAIT (COMPUTER LITERACY & INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
- TEXT, AUDIO-TYPING & WORD-PROCESSING COURSES (LEVEL 1 – LEVEL 3)